Terms of Refference
Regarding the selection of a logistics company for conducting the International Conference on Applied Behavior Analysis Chisinau 2019 within the project „Aid for Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Other Genetic Disorders in the Republic of Moldova”
During the period July 2018 – December 2021, ADRA Moldova with Association “SOS Autism” are implementing the project „Aid for Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Other Genetic Disorders in Moldova”, funded by the Czech Development Cooperation Programme.
The relevancy of the project is high due to the growing number of children with autism and other genetic disorders diagnosed around the world. In Moldova there still are insufficient diagnosis possibilities especially at an early stage and the situation with genetic disorders is generally weakly developed, which leads to a certain number of children that are not treated in time and their situation is worsening. The existing supporting organizations formed mostly by parents having children with certain autistic or genetic disorders have made certain steps to improve the situation in cooperation with the state institutions. But still there are many challenges to deal with before the services provided meet the European standards. The purpose of the above mentioned project is to increase the quality and availability of services provided to children with autism and other genetic disorders and to their parents/caretakers in the Republic of Moldova.
The project aims to achieve the following outputs:
- Assessed needs to develop quality services for children with autism and genetic diseases in the targeted region;
- Local NGOs capacitated and supported in organizational development, implementation and monitoring of strategic documents, advocacy and public policy monitoring and evaluation;
- Public policies from autism and genetic disorders are monitored, evaluated and improved;
- Professionals from autism/genetic disorders have empowering abilities in medical, educational, vocational area and ABA therapies;
- Inter-sectorial improvement of services provided to children with autism and genetic diseases;
- Trainings curriculum and programs in the medical and vocational area are developed and approved and those from the autism education and ABA therapy improved;
- A piloted vocational workshop in a professional school and autism organization for youth with ASD and genetic disorders created and approved for the education inclusion;
- A handbook for parents/caretakers of children with ASD and other genetic disorders developed and distributed;
- Parents of children with autism and genetic disorders mobilized and capacitated;
- 4 Parents Self-advocates groups created in 4 regions of the country, with Transnistria;
- Ensuring visibility and information of public opinion on social services and their role in supporting autism and genetic disorders children and families.
Direct target groups are at least 20 NGOs from the autism/genetic disorders platform, by involving them in organizational development programs as well as advocacy and participation in public policies monitoring.
Next, a group of 15 experts will be provided by training courses lead by professionals from medical, educational, vocational ABA therapies areas (trainings for trainers). After that these experts will provided training to at least 365 professionals: 130 psychiatrists, 150 family doctors, 30 neurologists, 50 pediatrics, 5 geneticists in autism diagnosis and autism health services, at least 150 psycho-pedagogical professionals/individual support teachers/psychologists in autism/genetic disorders education aspects, at least 50 professionals from the vocational area in autism/genetic disorders, at least 50 professionals in ABA therapies.
Final beneficiaries of the project
At least 100 parents of children with ASD/genetic disorders will benefit from counseling, psychological and informational support, as well as empowerment opportunities with the aim to ensure the respect of rights for their children, a better social inclusion and independent living skills.
Communities in which will be involved the capacitated professionals from medical, educational, vocational ABA sector in order to offer specialized social services addressed to children and families will become more inclusive, and members will understand the importance of social support for the appropriate time.
ADRA Czech Republic is a major Czech NGO with over 25 years of experience with humanitarian and development projects. ADRA CR has been collaborating on projects in Moldova since 2008. With local partners, ADRA CR has contributed towards the development of inclusive education and to its introduction to Moldovan schools.
ADRA CR has extensive experience with projects funded by the Czech Development Agency in the context of Moldova and due to its relations with various other Czech institutions can facilitate the transfer of Czech know-how to Moldova. Further, ADRA CR will ensure the timely and cost effective execution of planned project activities through the supervision of project process.
ADRA Moldova runs for 19 years already a Child at Risk Project that is a shelter for children where they stay 24/7, that previously also benefitted Czech Funding. The Children Centre is accredited by the state and works for rehabilitation and reintegration of the children at risk. ADRA Moldova has vast experience in organizing activities with children. More than 10 years ADRA Moldova organizes children camps, including children camps for children with special educational needs. ADRA organizes social services for children born in prison for 11 years already. ADRA Moldova has also implemented a series of projects in Water and Sanitation direction.
AO SOS AUTISM is one of the few organizations in Republic of Moldova that was founded and is run by parents of children with autism. The SOS Autism Association has been actively involved in the development of autistic awareness programs, early intervention for children with autism, training of specialists in the field of modern techniques of intervention in autism and other associated disabilities, inclusion of children with autism in kindergartens and schools, workshops for parents and teachers, mobilization of constituents in advocacy campaigns, promotion of inclusion and non-discrimination of people with ASD. The organization also promotes and is committed to adopting national legislation to the international one on autism. The basic priority is to promote respect for the rights of children with autism and connected disorders and to strengthen and mobilize NGOs in the field to promote respect for their rights.
Description and scope of the assignment
The first International Conference on Applied Behaviour Analysis Chisinau 2019 will take place on 05-06 aprililie.
The guide should contain the following topics:
- Equipping the conference room with the necessary furniture;
- Contracting of translation services in 4 languages (Italian, English, Russian, Czech) and necessary equipment;
- Decorating the hall;
- Support teams;
- Minute planning of the whole event;
Candidates will provide to A.O. SOS Autism:
The technical offer, which will be presented in Romanian and will include:
- Types of services
Financial offer: Guide budget in MDL. The financial offer will include all costs associated with this service. The financial offer document will include the date, signature and firm stamp.
Applicants must note that the Conference is scheduled for April 5-6, 2019.
- At least 3 years experience in logistics services;
- Communication skills
Other terms and conditions
Payment mechanism: The fee will be paid after the signing of the minutes of the delivery and receipt of the works.
Deadline for submission of the offer
Aliona Dumitraş, 068878788
Irina Stoian, 0799970202